Make the perfect catfish for dinner tonight. Enjoy this savoury poached fish in a garlic, ginger broth. This fast, simple dish is the perfect option for entertaining a group of people or for a family meal. Serve with rice.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs. thin catfish fillets
- 6 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Put chicken broth, ginger, and garlic in a wide pot with a lid.
- Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce into the broth mixture.
- Add catfish fillets to pot and spoon broth over the fillets.
- Cover, bring broth to a boil, and let cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add mushrooms, cover, and cook until the fish loses pinkness and begins to flake, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle green onion over the fillets, cover, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Stop by Chong Lee Market for your catfish filets and be on your way to creating a delicious meal in no time!